aidandoyle: (Default)
[personal profile] aidandoyle

Go to NatCon in Adelaide.

Finish my YA fantasy novel.

Write 3 new short stories.

Finish editing my Clarion stories.

Finish my book about Japan.

Finish my eBook for the iPhone.

Learn the Cyrillic Alphabet.

Learn basic Mandarin.

Learn basic Russian.

Work out where I’m going to visit in Eastern Europe.

Add some photo galleries to my web site.

Read:

* Warriors of Medieval Japan

* The Historian

* Mao: The Unknown Story

* Soon I Will Be Invincible

* City of Saints & Madmen

* Monkey

* Bridge of Birds

* The Master & Margarita

* Stalingrad

* Putin’s Russia

* What I’d Say to the Martians

* Snake Agent

* The Hard-Boiled Wonderland & the End of the World

 

Learn how to write more realistic To Do Lists.

Originally published at Aidan Doyle. You can comment here or there.

Date: 2009-06-01 10:08 pm (UTC)
From: [identity profile] tooticky.livejournal.com
That's some to-do list, I must say. Do you have Hermione Granger's time-turner, by any chance? And how is the YA fantasy novel going? Is it set in the alt-Bearbrass world?

Date: 2009-06-01 10:37 pm (UTC)
From: [identity profile] aidandoyle.livejournal.com
I applied for a State Library of Victoria grant for Bearbrass world. Haven't started writing that.
On Sunday I started writing Monkpunk. Set in an alternate Japan.
Trying to finish it in a month, is maybe a tad too ambitious.

Date: 2009-06-02 07:03 am (UTC)
From: [identity profile] tooticky.livejournal.com
Perhaps a little bit? :) But I promise I am very impressed by the ambition. How many words will Monk Punk be?

Date: 2009-06-02 12:48 pm (UTC)
From: [identity profile] aidandoyle.livejournal.com
Not sure yet. Have story structure worked out, but not all of the scenes yet. I'm aiming for around 70,000 words, which I think is a good length for a YA book.

Date: 2009-06-02 01:41 am (UTC)
From: [identity profile] catsparx.livejournal.com
Cool! See you at the Natcon!

Date: 2009-06-02 10:40 am (UTC)
From: [identity profile] aidandoyle.livejournal.com
I'm getting to Adelaide on Thursday night and then flying out Tuesday evening.
See you in Adelaide!

Profile

aidandoyle: (Default)
Aidan Doyle

November 2009

S M T W T F S
1234 5 6 7
8 910 111213 14
15161718192021
22 232425262728
2930     

Most Popular Tags

Style Credit

Expand Cut Tags

No cut tags
Page generated Sep. 6th, 2026 02:00 pm
Powered by Dreamwidth Studios